We inspire our children's learning through a creative curriculum, ensuring our pupils experience a wide breadth of study and have, by the end of each key stage, long-term memory of an ambitious body of procedural and semantic knowledge. Our progressive curriculum, from 3-19 years ensures that children have the requisite knowledge to proceed to their next year of study, including transition to secondary school.
Our curriculum is ambitious, meeting and often exceeding the national curriculum, for all and strives to address inclusion and disadvantage in its intent and implementation.
At Westover Green, we follow the Futura Curriculum for all subject areas with the exception of science (at Westover we follow the scheme from Plan B); Physical Education (at Westover we follow the REAL PE Scheme) and Modern Foreign Languages (at Westover we have developed our own curriculum for the teaching of French).
For more information of the intent, implementation and impact of each curriculum area, please read Futura Curriculum Booklet.
For year group specific curriculum information please refer to the Class Pages or the Curriculum Overviews tab.
Westover Green Curriculum Intent Statement:
The Westover curriculum will be ambitious and inspirational. It will provide access and entitlement to powerful knowledge, ensuring enjoyment and promoting the very best life chances. It will encapsulate our values:
- Each school has its own distinctive identity; this will be reflected in the local context of its curriculum.
- The curriculum will be planned progressively across the phases, to build on previous learning and prepare pupils for their next stage.
- A rich and diverse curriculum, both inside and outside the classroom, which exceeds the full intent of the National Curriculum.
- A curriculum that enables success for all pupils regardless of their starting points.
- A coherently sequenced 2-19 curriculum curated by our subject experts.
- A curriculum that is enhanced by cross-trust experiences.
- The curriculum in each school will be designed to prepare learners for the next stage of their education, giving them the knowledge and cultural capital needed to succeed in their adult life.
- A curriculum that introduces pupils to a range of experiences and knowledge that broadens their horizons and prepares them for life as global citizens.
- A wider curriculum that promotes emotional, physical and spiritual wellbeing.
Our school curriculum draws many elements from the National Primary Curriculum (NPC), although objectives are adapted within our creative approach. Contact the school if you require more detail about a specific aspect of the curriculum or if you would like more information on the National Primary Curriculum (NPC), please click on the link below.